Do you share a passion for natural products and are you a hands-on team player? Then we might be looking for you!
Who we are
From its beginnings in 1990 as a pioneer in trade promotion of natural ingredients and green products, ProFound has grown into a team of seasoned experts in developing sustainable value chains for Natural Ingredients for Food, Cosmetics and Health products in particular.
ProFound assists companies in emerging markets to capture economic opportunities from source to market entry. Read more about ProFound’s mission here.
Every year ProFound organises the Organic Africa Pavilion at the BioFach trade fair in Nuremberg, Germany, and will do so again in February 2021. Worldwide the largest organic trade fair, African exhibitors at this pavilion find new business opportunities with buyers, agents and partners. We create a quality image of African organic suppliers and their products and connect them to high-end markets. In 2020, we hosted 22 companies from 17 different African countries.
We are looking for a talented person to both help manage and work on this project, and in addition to be in charge of ProFound’s marketing and communication.
Tasks and responsibilities
ProFound is looking for a young talent who wants to actively contribute towards international trade, development, and sustainability. Your key activities and responsibilities will be:
Project management of the Organic Africa Pavilion:
- Overall coordination, planning and logistics of the Pavilion (with support/supervision)
- Engage with clients, exhibitors, partners, suppliers, traders and buyers
- Coordinate and carry out promotional activities before, during and after the event
- Manage the pavilion during the trade fair (17-20 February 2021).
Marketing and communications activities:
- Writing and editing website articles
- Updating website and social media
- Creating, distributing, and improving company newsletters
- Monitoring the impact of marketing activities
- Creating designs and graphic materials for presentations and/or reports
Depending on running projects, required capacity and your interests, you might be involved in other projects in the trade development sector as well. For more information on ProFound’s projects, please refer to our website.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of the English and French language (Dutch is not a must).
- WO Bachelor or HBO degree in international business, project management, marketing and/or communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as you’ll be coordinating with many different parties
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, such as accuracy, flexibility, being self-organized and having a hands-on mentality
- Proficient in social media and designing online promotion strategies
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial spirit and not taking no for an answer
- Interest in natural products sector, (business) economics and international trade in particular, development issues and ambition to grow in these fields
- Excellent writing skills
- Well-motivated and flexible team-player, able to conduct dedicated tasks independently;
- Good computer skills, particularly WordPress, Mailchimp and interested to learn more in this field
You will receive a salary and benefits that meet market standards and have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive atmosphere and in a small and well-motivated team. You will work-side-by-side with experienced professionals who will support and coach you in your personal development.
You should be available for 24-32 hours a week. The preliminary starting date of this position is 1 September.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your application letter and resume in English to Jolanda van Hal (email@example.com), 31 July 2020 at the latest. First interviews with pre-selected applicants will be held between 10 and 14 August. For more information, contact us at +31.30.2762824 and ask for Jolanda van Hal or Geertje Otten.